I'm in Pain. Will Cannabis Help Me?
Dr. Liu gave a virtual presentation in April 2022 titled "I'm in Pain. Will Cannabis Help Me?". Dr. Liu begins at the 4m 39sec mark.
Telehealth for Medical Cannabis Consultations Due To COVID - 19
Illinois has expanded telehealth services due to COVID-19. This includes medical cannabis qualification. You can now speak to us online and qualify for a medical cannabis certificate. Here is the Illinois Department of Public Health's (IDPH) Medical Cannabis Guidance for more information.
Consultations With A Medical Cannabis Doctor
On August 12, 2019 the Illinois Medical Cannabis Patient Program became permanent.
To participate in the Illinois program, you’ll need a medical cannabis (sometimes called medical marijuana) registry identification card. Patients seeking to qualify for a card must have a physician certified diagnosis of a debilitating condition or terminal illness.
Dr. Liu performs certification assessments for patients with a diagnosis of any qualifying debilitating conditions including cancer and PTSD. If you do not have a qualifying diagnosis or have not seen a medical cannabis physician for over 12 months we invite you to join our practice and have our qualified family medicine physicians address all your needs and provide the proper care including advice on medical cannabis.
A Consultation With A Medical Cannabis Doctor Includes:
- Extensive, thorough history and physical exam about the chronic disease diagnosis.
- Education on therapeutic effects of medical marijuana including specific information on how the different components (THC, CBD, and terpenes) work on the body.
- Discussion of risks and side effects as well as how to avoid purchasing the wrong medical marijuana products.
- What to expect in the process of applying for the medical cannabis card.
- 2 appointments with Dr. Liu
Fee For Medical Cannabis consultation:
- $0 for members of our practice
- $150/appointment for non-members
If You Already Have a Medical Cannabis Card:
Many individuals already have a card but their physician isn’t expert in using cannabis for treatment. Other individuals with a card don’t have a medical cannabis doctor at all. Dr. Liu sees patients in these situations and consults on topics including:
- Medical Cannabis card renewals
- Avoiding adverse effects
- Dosing advice
- Information on the different plant cannabinoids and their roles in treating specific conditions
- Pros and cons of various delivery options (inhaled vs edibles vs topical)
Member of Dr. Liu’s practice: $0/visit
Previous patient of Dr. Liu’s with records on file: $90/visit
New to the practice: $150/visit
From Dr. Ingrid Liu:
If you have any questions, or are wondering if you qualify, please contact us.